About Me

My photo
I am Salty The Beast. I am what you might call a Renaissance man, meaning I find interest in most every medium. I love watching movies, listening to music, writing music, playing video games, making videos, etc.

Sunday, August 22, 2010

BRÜTAL SØNG OF THE WEEK: "Tears Don't Fall" by Bullet For My Valentine

For this week (the 22nd through 28th of August), my Brütal Søng of the Week is "Tears Don't Fall" by Bullet For My Valentine, coming at you from their 2006 album, "The Poison."




I simply love this song. At times it is incredibly heavy and at other times it is beautifully melodic, even touching on some level. There are just so many great, catchy hooks to be found throughout the song that make you immediately fall in love with it. Often considered as Bullet's signature song, it is easy to see why the track caught on. Beginning in the mid-tempo range, the song contains beautifully moody verses that build up to a powerfully radiant chorus that is not too complicated but enjoyable nonetheless. At approximately the three minute mark, the song switches gears (not to mention tempo) entirely. This speedy, merciless fragment alludes to the sounds of classic metal bands such as Metallica and Iron Maiden, yet it also makes a name for Bullet by sounding altogether original and fresh. Bullet For My Valentine have basically proven their superiority in the metalcore subgenre, so much so that I cannot come to grips with the fact that they still belong in the genre. They exceed in the amount of complexity, effort and musical chops presented by any given metalcore group out today and still somehow make it marketable to a larger, more diverse audience. For these reasons, I declare "Tears Don't Fall"... Brütal.

Be on the lookout for a new Brütal Søng of the Week next Sunday. Until then, I shall see you, how you say, later?

-STB

No comments: