About Me

My photo
I am Salty The Beast. I am what you might call a Renaissance man, meaning I find interest in most every medium. I love watching movies, listening to music, writing music, playing video games, making videos, etc.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

BRÜTAL SØNG OF THE WEEK: October 10th, 2010

Hey, you want to know a weird fact? My “Piranha 3D” is my highest viewed blog post with 353 views as of right now. It is beating my next highest by 303 views. I find that rather fishy (xD, you see what I did thar?).

Anydangways, welcome to this week’s Brütal Søng of The Week. We got an epic one this week. It is “Suite Sister Mary” by Queensrÿche off the album “Operation: Mindcrime.”



There are so many great songs to choose from off of “Operation: Mindcrime” that they can all be considered Brütal. There really is a song for everyone on the album. But I had to go with the 11-minute opus “Suite Sister Mary,” as it perfectly characterizes Queensrÿche’s songwriting capabilities and progressive tendencies. I love how the song builds up momentum continuously with every new riff it adds. Beginning with a clean yet eerie guitar riff, it slowly becomes bigger and bigger once vocals and distorted guitar enter the scene. A few minutes in, the rhythm provided by the drums and the staccato riff of the guitar give off the vibe of marching. The song, just like the album's narrative structure (this IS a concept album), is multifaceted and multilayered and gets better and better with each new listen. Ahem, coughBRÜTALcough.

For those of you who absolutely need to know, my second highest viewed blog I mentioned earlier was “The Social Network.”

Remember, kiddies, to comment on what you like, comment on what you don’t like, subscribe to my blog and, under no circumstances, go out and see that abomination known as “My Soul To Take.” Oh, and of course, tune in for next Sunday’s Brütal Søng of the Week. Until then, I’ve got to work on some Pac-Man ghost costumes. Later.

-STB

No comments: