About Me

My photo
I am Salty The Beast. I am what you might call a Renaissance man, meaning I find interest in most every medium. I love watching movies, listening to music, writing music, playing video games, making videos, etc.

Sunday, October 17, 2010

BRÜTAL SØNG OF THE WEEK: October 17th, 2010

Welcome to another reasonably exciting edition of Salty The Beast’s Brütal Søng of the Week. This one is certainly a crazy one. From the band Muse, from the album Absolution, I give you “Time Is Running Out.”



This song actually took a decent amount of time to grow on me if you can believe it. I did not really get it upon the first few listens. But “Time Is Running Out” really is a cool song that demonstrates the many different genres and styles that Muse can manipulate and make their own. The track begins with a fuzzy bassline in the style of dance music or electronica, but escalates all the way up until the first chorus. By that point, the music is so distorted and abrasive that it could almost be considered heavy metal. Almost, that is. The second verse is essentially the same as the first, only in this newfound hard rock variation. Like most of Muse’s other tracks, the dynamics and musicianship reach the level of rock opera and yet is readily digestible to an audience outside of hardcore music fanatics. Time may be running out, but the level of brütal certainly ain’t.

Like I said earlier, reasonably entertaining. But remember to subscribe to the blog, yadda yadda, same ol’ jazz. Prepare for another reasonably entertaining addition to the Brütal Søng vault next Sunday. Until then, here’s Adam Sandler to aid you in choosing your Halloween costume. I would have embedded the clip, but YouTube is being a dummy. GIMME SOME CANDY!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VmjM1GWB61Y

- STB

No comments: