About Me

My photo
I am Salty The Beast. I am what you might call a Renaissance man, meaning I find interest in most every medium. I love watching movies, listening to music, writing music, playing video games, making videos, etc.

Sunday, October 3, 2010

BRÜTAL SØNG OF THE WEEK: October 3rd, 2010

Now that I’ve somewhat redeemed myself for the lazy week of posting (I’m still major backed up on album reviews), let us get right to the Brütal Søng of the Week for October 4th, 2010. It is the song “Astronomy.”

If you cannot already tell, I have both the original Blue Öyster Cult version and the Metallica cover from Garage Inc. To be honest, I cannot pick between the two; I love them both. I really like the spacey rock ambience of the Blue Öyster Cult version and I think it has more of an emotional touch. It is one of the groups more underrated tracks when compared to “(Don’t Fear) The Reaper” or “Godzilla” and, personally, I think it is better than those two. On the other hand, I also really like Metallica’s rendition with its phasey guitar chords and its incredibly crunchy and heavy chorus. I honestly rank this cover as one of the best of all-time. Decisions, decisions. You know what? You pick which one you prefer, because this is a real stalemate for me. “Astronomy” by both Blue Öyster Cult and Metallica are too Brütal to choose between.

Now that that issue is over with, subscribe to my blog, leave your comments, opinions, eviction notices and death threats in the comment box below, recommend me to friends; the works. Oh, and continue watching out for more Brütal Søngs, ‘cause thems is plentiful.

- STB

No comments: