About Me

My photo
I am Salty The Beast. I am what you might call a Renaissance man, meaning I find interest in most every medium. I love watching movies, listening to music, writing music, playing video games, making videos, etc.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

BRÜTAL SØNG OF THE WEEK: November 15th, 2011

Brütal Søng: “Right Now”
Artist: Korn
Album: Take A Look In The Mirror


First and foremost, lemme just say “screw the music video for this (which I did not include above)”. Not only is it totally pointless and plays out more like an endurance test for how many shocking and gross animated images the viewer can endure before they start dry heaving, but it also has NOTHING at all to do with the song. But aside from the lame-ass video, “Right Now” may be one of the most brütal recordings Korn has made since their 1994 self-titled debut. Now the following statement might rub some people the wrong way, but I have very (VERY!) mixed feelings about this nu-metal band’s catalogue; it seems that for every album they put out which I love all the way through (Korn and Follow The Leader), they follow it up with something unimpressive, or at best, uneven (Life Is Peachy and Issues). Either that, or Fred Durst decides to come in and ruin a perfectly serviceable track like “All In The Family” with his terrible rhymes (because homophobia and making fun of incest and red states make you sound sooooo much like a pimp). But ranting aside, it is for songs like “Right Now” that I still like to follow the band and see what they’re up to. The song is very basic and sounds super-simple to play on every instrument, but DAMN, it’s so heavy and in-your-face that you gotta love it. Listening to Jon Davis’s lyrics, it sounds like the perfect track you would want playing in the background as you’re exacting revenge upon someone who you’re fed up with, like a bully, a stalker, or Occupy Wall Street protestors. The song is so brütal, it’ll make you want to commit manslaughter…on second thought, ignore that. I don’t want even more wacko metalheads following that advice, going out and killing someone, and therefore, giving TV news stations the excuse to run more BS editorials on how my music is corrupting the youth of America. Please keep your revenge plots INSIDE your head.

An old favorite of mine: the Angry Video Game Nerd reviewing “Bugs Bunny Birthday Blowout” for the NES. Let the excessive profanity and comic violence begin!




Jeez, I guess I’m just in the mood for a lot of senseless violence this week.


And in case you missed yet another unproductive week on the blog of Salty, here’s what you missed…



Posted on Friday

Thanksgiving break is almost upon us. Maybe I can finally catch up on the twenty-something or so reviews I am backed up on!

Until next week,
Look all six ways before crossing the street
STB

No comments: